JAMF Upgrade broke HIP report

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

JAMF Upgrade broke HIP report

L1 Bithead

Greeting All.

JAMF Cloud did an upgrade this morning. This update caused the jamf client binary to be updated on my computers.

After the jamf client upgrade GlobalProtect no longer shows JAMF (Casper) in the hip report.

Tested GP version 5.2.5 & 6.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

L0 Member

We started seeing issues today with macbook clients either not showing jamf in the hip logs, or showing version 10.31.1 as not enabled, and so failing to connect with their GlobalProtect client.   Other macbook clients with jamf 10.30.3 appear to be connecting with their gp client OK

L1 Bithead

I found the jamf release notes.  It look like jamfAgent was removed as part of the upgrade.

Not yet sure if the hip object it looking for the specific file or service running. 

Release 10.31.0:

The legacy jamf agent utility (/usr/local/jamf/bin/jamfAgent)

The legacy jamf agent utility has been removed. This does not affect existing workflows using the jamf binary. Jamf.app contains the previous functionality of the jamf agent utility.

Hi JasonBTR,

Do you know if fix is now available?

L1 Bithead

Happy Friday!
I've been informed that the fix for the jamf detection issue will be included in the next globalprotect client release (5.2.9 I think).

I haven't heard a timeline yet.

Once I get a GPC # for the issue I will share it.

J

L0 Member
GlobalProtect 5.2.9 has been released and is detecteting JAMF again for use in HIP Checks
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!