Retain Connection on Smart Card Removal behavior on GP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Retain Connection on Smart Card Removal behavior on GP

L3 Networker

Hello,

There are Smart Cards being used for the GP authentication. One of the options for Windows endpoints is to disconnect the GP as soon as Smart Card is removed and that was tested, option in the app settings: "Retain Connection on Smart Card Removal" set to No.

But the result after removing the Smart Card is that prompt is shown to the user with two options: OK or Cancel. If clicking OK - GP is disconnected and no new connection can be established as there is no Smart Card connected. If clicking Cancel - connection is retained, all the previous resources work as expected and there's nothing preventing user to continue.

Is this really expected behavior? Is anyone using this feature and may have any input?

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

I understand the request, and the fact that the user is given an option nullifies that option.. 

I am researching to see if there is anything else that needs to be done to enforce this option without the ability to "cancel".

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Just an update.. talking with an internal resource about this.. and we will have to dig a little deeper into this as this does not look like that is working as designed.

I will update with more info as soon as we have it.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Thank you for getting back to me! Will wait for the update.

L2 Linker

GP 5.2.8 will carry a fix for this issue under Bug-ID GPC-12699

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!