Virtual Adapter was not setup correctly due to a delay (WIN10)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virtual Adapter was not setup correctly due to a delay (WIN10)

L0 Member

I'm using GlobalProtect Ver 5.2.12-26, on my windows 10 laptop and it has worked just fine for last month, but recently I continue to get the "Virtual Adapter was not setup correctly due to a delay". I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled a number of times with no success. I did notice in the following setup file logs: Driverinfo, Serviceinfo, and Processinfo it states "ERROR: Description  = Invalid namespace" 

Does anybody know what this means and how to resolve it? The closest online documentation I found is the following: 

1. We also use WMI queries to populate files like DriverInfo.txt, ServiceInfo.txt and ProcessInfo.txt. Check these files in the GP logs for the following error which indicates failure of the WMI queries:
ERROR:

Description = Invalid class

NOTE:  It does show the PANGPS was installed successfully: 

1. ​​​Verify if PanGP virtual adapter is installed correctly using the following log from setupapi.dev.log:
dvi: Waiting for NetSetupSvc to finish installing ROOT\PANGPD\0000
dvi: Install finished for ROOT\PANGPD\0000

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

I haven't had a chance to test yet, but a coworker found these results that I'm curious to see if they might work:

Method 1: You may follow these steps and check if the issue persists.
1. Press windows key  + X key both together on the keyboard.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin)
3. Run the following command one at a time and press enter to execute
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
• for %i in (*.dll) do regsvr32 -s %i
• for %i in (*.exe) do %i /regserver
4. Close all windows and reboot the computer and now try opening the system information

Method 2: If the issue still persists try rebuilding WMI repository and check if the issue persists.

1. Press windows key  + X key both together on the keyboard.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin)
3. Type the command ‘net stop winmgmt’ and press Enter.
4. Leave the command prompt open and click Start and type system32 -> Open the folder system32 from the result pane.
5. From the system32 folder open Wbem and look for the folder Repository
6. Right click on Repository and click rename.
7. Change the folder name from Repository to Repository.old
8. Switch back to command prompt and type net start winmgmt and hit enter to execute
9. Close all the windows and reboot the computer and now try opening the system information.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!