Why can I still access the company's internal network after the GP client is disconnected?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Why can I still access the company's internal network after the GP client is disconnected?

L0 Member

After the client terminates the connection of GPAgent, ipconfig shows that the IP address before the disconnection is still obtained (the address allocated in the correct IP address pool). At the same time, it is still possible to communicate with the intranet server (the result of ping).
It gives me the feeling that although the display connection has been interrupted, the actual connection has not been interrupted. Unless you manually switch the network signal (change wifi), or restart the computer.
We have checked the configuration of VMFW and found that there is no relevant configuration. In other words, this phenomenon is not expected, so I want to investigate the cause and solution.

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Lyman.Li,

I image that you're only seeing this on a single machine? This wouldn't be a setting on the firewall that would make a client behave like this, if you configure an on-demand connection or allow the agent to be disabled it should sever the connection. When it doesn't the most likely situation is that the service and agent communication isn't working properly on the client in question. 

What agent version is this client running? 

Thanks for your answer,
In fact, I don't have this situation only on one terminal, I have this situation on all terminals.
Client Connect Method is set to User-logon (Always On),
Allow user to disconnect GlobalProtect App (Always-on mode) is Allow
We have tried two client versions 6.0.4 and 6.0.5

You have enforcer on? You can try internal Host dectection.

Hi,

Were you able to know the reason? I'm having the same issue.

Regards,

Indira Scott

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!