Cannot see an option to select the management interface for HA1 backup link - PAN-OS 10.2.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot see an option to select the management interface for HA1 backup link - PAN-OS 10.2.4

L1 Bithead

I'm trying to configure HA Active/Passive on a pair of PA-5410's running PAN-OS 10.2.4. I'd like to use the dedicated HA1-A port for the primary HA1 link and the management interface for the HA1 backup link but I cannot see an option to select the management interface for HA1 backup link.

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hi SalvatoreDangelo,

Why not use the dedicated HA1-A and HA1-B ports?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SalvatoreDangelo 

Under Device, High availability, General look for 

Device Priority
Preemptive

Heartbeat Backup

HA Timer Settings
Aggressive

Here heartbeat backup is HA1 backup via MGMT Interface.

Regards

MAhesh

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

The firewalls are in different geographical locations. We have DWDM between the sites that we use 3 channels of for HA1A, HA2A and HA2-B and we'd like to use our OOB MGMT network for HA1-B. We currently do this on a pair of PA-3250's running 9.0.x and a pair of 5020's running 8.1.x and the documentation for 10.2.x says it should also be able to use the management interface for HA1 backup.

I'd like to speak to a PA support engineer if possible as we've just spent near on £500k on a pair of firewalls, support and licensing but when i call the automated phone menu tells me to raise a support ticket online first and hangs up and when i try to raise a support ticket online the helpful AI guide forces me to post on this forum rather than open a support case to speak to a PA engineer.

THanks for the response but this did not work.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!