Create csv file for fqdn ip resolutions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Create csv file for fqdn ip resolutions

L1 Bithead

Hi All

I'm busy trying to extra IP's from my fqdn addresses.
Wondering if i could get some guidance.
I've done the set address

set address ht-autodesk.com fqdn autodesk.com

What i'd like to get out of this is resolution IP's for this fqdn.
As i don't want to go via the GUI and extract 1 by one.

Jeffrey_Makuch_0-1699941265034.png
I have 7 address groups applied to a policy with any where between 1-20 fqdn's applied.
If there is a way to run a command to extra from the address group as well for the above that would be great.

e.g this address group, extract IPs for fqdn's

fqdn autodesk.com IP 23.21.189.113  

fqdn autodesk.com IP 50.19.149.4

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jeffrey_Makuch ,

There is CLI command that will give you all FQDN objects:

> show dns-proxy fqdn all

One way would be to copy the output and part it with a little help of regext and tex editor.

Or you may try to search for the XML API that will execute the same command and return XML output, which will again need some parsing. I don't have access to FW at the moment to check myself, but you should be able to search for it in the Use the API Browser (paloaltonetworks.com)

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!