Custom URL filtering policy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Custom URL filtering policy

L0 Member

we created two custom policies where some listed URLs or domains will allow on specific workstations and others will be denied. After implementing these policies we found that listed allow list URLs or websites can be accessible but end users only can see the website content without Images. We had a support call with PA team but didn't resolve this issue.

Anyone does have this same issue and if anyone has any solution please share.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @a_Islam

the likely root cause is your custom policy is allowing URL of the site while blocking CDN where images are located. You will have to figure out from what sites are images being fetch from and add them to the policy.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@a_Islam,

To expand on what @PavelK mentioned, the easiest way to identify these is to create an "alert-all" URL profile and apply it to a test client. You'll have to temporarily create an allow entry for the test client associated with the "alert-all" profile and then can analyze the URL logs to identify any resources the test client is loading that you aren't allowing. 

L0 Member

Thanks, @PavelK and @BPry for your nice feedback. These websites were online news portals and financial markets. I'll apply these things but I think this is the minimal requirement for any customer and it is supposed to work smoothly I don't know why the PA support team mentioned it's not possible to fulfill this requirement. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!