Distribution of licenses across multiple vSys

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Distribution of licenses across multiple vSys

L0 Member

Dear All,

We have a PA-5200 series firewall. I have a small question which I couldn't find an answer in the public documentation, blog or discussions. My question is that how licenses are distributed among the vSys in the same firewall. The license(s) that I am interested are below:

Threat Prevention Subscription

Global Protect Subscription

DNS Security Subnscription

PANDB URL filtering subscription

Wildfire subscription

Are these licenses have one to one, one to many or many to many relationship with license to vsys mapping?

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

When you purchase licensing for a system it is for that asset itself not per vsys. It is tied to the serial number of the system. So it will take the subscriptions purchased for the system and distribute it across the vsys as well.

So if you have URL, WF, and TP it will apply it to vsys1 and vsys2,3,4,etc on the same system for the single purchase of the licenses.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!