Lost NGFW PA CLI superuser password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Lost NGFW PA CLI superuser password

L2 Linker
Hello.

I have a question and I don't know if someone could help me with it.

I have 2 users on the Palo Alto firewall is a PA220

One of them that CLI superuser and I don't remember the password

The other one I have access to is admindevice but it won't let me create users via the GUI

I have tried to take a copy of the firewall configuration, reset it and upload the copy but it won't let me download the copy either.

Is there any way to remove the password of that superuser? Or, on the contrary, should I necessarily reset?

Thank you so much.
4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello Ccortijio,

Do you have Panorama? If yes, you can switch context to the firewall or you can create a new account and push to the firewall.

Can you reboot the firewall? If yes, you can reboot to maintenance mode, then you select a previous version to boot on.

Otherwise, if your admin account can run "debug tac-login challenge", you open a case to TAC, and maybe the TAC can assist you.

Olivier

PCSNE - CISSP

Best Effort contributor

Check out our PANCast Channel

Disclaimer : All messages are my personal ones and do not represent my company's view in any way.

Hello Ozheng

Could you tell me how to talk to Tac? please. I can't reset de firewall.

Hello Ccortijo,

Your device needs to be under an active support plan.

Then from the customer support portal, you can log a case to the TAC.

Olivier

PCSNE - CISSP

Best Effort contributor

Check out our PANCast Channel

Disclaimer : All messages are my personal ones and do not represent my company's view in any way.

L4 Transporter

Hello @ccortijo 

If reset is an option then try following the below KBs:

How to Reset the Administrator Password

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkxCAC

How to perform a factory reset on a Palo Alto Networks device

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CldXCAS

Anoopkumar
Network Security Engineer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!