Missing Port-Channels and Subinterfaces in ASA Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Missing Port-Channels and Subinterfaces in ASA Migration

L0 Member

I am currently working on a project involving the migration of an ASA firewall. However, I have encountered an issue during the import process. After importing the configuration file, I have noticed that the port-channels and subinterfaces from the source ASA are not showing up in the new platform. This is problematic because utilizing the message scheduler, https://www.gbgenie.com/gb-whatsapp/ managing and updating core resource files, hiding your online and last seen status for added privacy. I need to create and map these interfaces in order to ensure the proper functioning of the firewall. Without the port-channels and subinterfaces, I cannot achieve the desired load balancing, redundancy, and connectivity configurations. I have already searched through documentation and forum threads, but I haven't found a solution that addresses this specific problem. Can anyone offer guidance on how to resolve this issue and successfully import the missing port-channels and subinterfaces during the ASA migration process?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and support!

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

If you have the device config bundle, you can go into the xml and add whatever your missing or you could import the base config to the firewall and add them through the GUI. I had an issue a while ago where I needed to pull a large number of sub interfaces from one port channel and move to another. Pulling down the config bundle, editing the XML and uploading made task much easier.

-Nathan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!