New VPN effects on existing VPNs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

New VPN effects on existing VPNs

L0 Member

I am very new to Palo Alto administration, having been a Checkpoint guy at my previous job. At my new job I am tasked with creating a new IPsec site to site VPN with a vendor on our perimeter firewall. There are already several other VPNs running. My question is, when I set up the new VPN, will it have any effects on currently running processes, like a service restart or anything of that nature? My current company is very risk averse, so I don't want to be the "new guy" and create an outage, even if brief.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JoshAllen,

Creating a new VPN won't have any affect on your existing tunnels as long as you don't introduce any routing issue when configuring the new route(s) for the process. Otherwise the creation of the new VPN does absolutely nothing to the established IPSec tunnels. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!