PA-5430 HA1 interface 10G SFP+ support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-5430 HA1 interface 10G SFP+ support?

L1 Bithead

hi

I would like to know if the PA-5430 HA1 Interface supports 10G.

The datasheet says 1G.
"1G SFP high availability (2), 40G QSFP+ high availability (1),"

It is listed as 1G/10G on the PA-5400 Series Front Panel page.
Two SFP+ 1Gbps/10Gbps ports for high availability (HA) control.

Thank you.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @sungbok ,

Thank you for pointing out the inconsistency.  Hopefully, someone in PANW will spot this article and update the data sheet.

I trust the front panel sheet since it provides much more detail.  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/hardware/pa-5400-hardware-reference/pa-5400-series-firewall-overvi...

It clearly says the interfaces (item 6)  is SFP+ and support 10G.  SFP+, by definition, is 10G.  It is probably an oversight in the data sheet.

If anyone has connected 10G to the HA1-A and -B ports, please let us know.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

L1 Bithead

As a result of actual configuration, it is possible to configure 10G.

"ha1-a 5 10000/full/up 
ha1-b 7 10000/full/up 
The datasheet is incorrect.

thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @sungbok ,

Thank you for pointing out the inconsistency.  Hopefully, someone in PANW will spot this article and update the data sheet.

I trust the front panel sheet since it provides much more detail.  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/hardware/pa-5400-hardware-reference/pa-5400-series-firewall-overvi...

It clearly says the interfaces (item 6)  is SFP+ and support 10G.  SFP+, by definition, is 10G.  It is probably an oversight in the data sheet.

If anyone has connected 10G to the HA1-A and -B ports, please let us know.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

As a result of actual configuration, it is possible to configure 10G.

"ha1-a 5 10000/full/up 
ha1-b 7 10000/full/up 
The datasheet is incorrect.

thank you

Hi Sungbok,

What kind of 10G transceivers do you use? I use Aquantia/Prolabs AQS-107-CX-1/AQS-107-CX-1-C transceivers and CAT6A cables but interfaces don't come up on PA-5410.

Thanks,
Krisz

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!