cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Test IPSEC tunnel Throughput

L1 Bithead

Hi Team,

I just started working on PaloAlto FW, I want to test ipsec tunnel throughput form my firewall to end Device. Can any tell the steps via GUI or cmd. and  what is the correct way to trubleshoot if customer expericening the slowness to access infa network .

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Hey,

The throughput depends upon your physical link speed, and you can test the tunnel traffic to initiate from cmd and GUI as well. If your physical link is 1G and you have multiple tunnels it would divide the throughput in multiple tunnels. Max Throughput for PA is 2.7GB. And By default the Network Interface MTU size is 1500 and if less you can set it to 1500 for better performance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Hey,

The throughput depends upon your physical link speed, and you can test the tunnel traffic to initiate from cmd and GUI as well. If your physical link is 1G and you have multiple tunnels it would divide the throughput in multiple tunnels. Max Throughput for PA is 2.7GB. And By default the Network Interface MTU size is 1500 and if less you can set it to 1500 for better performance.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!