Do Panorama-created Pre-Rules still work if Panorama goes down?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Do Panorama-created Pre-Rules still work if Panorama goes down?

L2 Linker

Hi Community,

I have a newer implementation of Panorama and saw on the Palo Alto subreddit that if Panorama goes down, all the Pre- and Post-Rules will not work and only Local rules on the firewalls will apply.

I thought that when you create policies in Pre-Rules on Panorama and then push them to devices, that they now exist on the device's configuration. However, I know that they are not considered Local rules in this case, so that's why I'm unsure of the impact if Panorama goes down.

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @MDroyKT

if Panorama goes down the pre-policy will continue to function (The same applies to post-policy). You only not be able to make changes to Panorama managed policies until Panorama is back online.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @MDroyKT

if Panorama goes down the pre-policy will continue to function (The same applies to post-policy). You only not be able to make changes to Panorama managed policies until Panorama is back online.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Got it. Thank you PavelK!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!