Dynamic address objects not showing in Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dynamic address objects not showing in Panorama

L2 Linker
I'm using the AWS plugin to read VPC and EC2 tags in AWS in order to be able to create dynamic address object groups and use in policy.
Under the AWS plugin configuration, I can see Panorama correctly retrieving information from AWS based on the tags I've defined. However, while still in Panorama, when I go to 'Objects > Address groups', I change the type to 'Dynamic' and select 'Match Criteria', the list of IP addresses retrieved from AWS are not in the list. The list is just blank.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
I'm using AWS plugin version 4.1.0. Panorama is on version 10.2.3-h2
1 REPLY 1

Hi @MartinE,

When you go to Objects -> Address Groups -> <edit/create-dynamic-group> -> Match Criteria you will not see IP addresses in the list, but rather the available tags retrieved from AWS.

Astardzhiev_0-1679666980151.png

Once you select desired tag and click OK to create the dynamic group, you can see the matched IPs by clicking the "more" under Addresses column in the list of Address groups (not need to open group for edit)

Astardzhiev_1-1679667105694.png

If your problem is that the list of available tags (from the first picture) is completely empty - Are you using any Ad blocker extensions with your browser? Try to open Panorama management with browser that does not have any extensions installed and see if the tag list is populating. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!