Gets "import -> network -> logical-router unexpected here" when push to device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Gets "import -> network -> logical-router unexpected here" when push to device

L2 Linker

Hi, I did a factory reset and upgraded my PA-220 to 9.1.12-h3. Installed device certificate and licenses. No interface, no policys, just a clean firewall. Connected successfully it to my Panorama 10.1.3-h31 and successfully made an import. When doing an export I get:

Validation Error:
import -> network -> logical-router unexpected here
import -> network is invalid
Commit failed

Have tried different approach but get the same results what ever I do. Deas anyone have an idea what to do?
Thanks
/Jan P.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

I had similar issue with my PA- 3260 in 9.1.11 and Panorama in 10.1.3-h1. I upgraded the firewall to 10.0.7 and the issue got fixed. Luckily the firewall was not production one. I was staging that.

View solution in original post

L2 Linker

Hi all, I got an answer from TAC that it is a conflict between 9.1.x and 10.x with the new "<logical-router/>".
The workaround i got was:
> configure
# delete import network
# commit

So, first export(not push+commit), then the delete + commit. This did work for me.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L0 Member

It seems to be related to this :

set import network logical-router

I'm on  a PA-220 running 9.1.12-h3 and Panorama 10.1.3-h1

I had the exact same issue. I can remove that line and then push the config locally, but not from panorama.

I've been through the whole remove from Panorama, re-import to panorama and try to send device group and template again but I can't make it comply so I'm going to try to upgrade the 220 to 10.0.x 

I have heard tell that it would better to downgrade panorama to 10.0.x but I can't do that for operational reasons.

Thanks for your answer. I will try to remove that line and see if I got better luck, otherwice I guess an upgraded to 10.x.x is next step.
Please let me know if the upgrade solved the problem.

L0 Member

I had similar issue with my PA- 3260 in 9.1.11 and Panorama in 10.1.3-h1. I upgraded the firewall to 10.0.7 and the issue got fixed. Luckily the firewall was not production one. I was staging that.

L2 Linker

I waiting for respons from support but to me it looks like it is that Panorana 10.1.3.x adding "<logical-router/>" to the template but the firewall does not recognize that line. But, we´ll see what they say when the come back to me.

L2 Linker

Hi all, I got an answer from TAC that it is a conflict between 9.1.x and 10.x with the new "<logical-router/>".
The workaround i got was:
> configure
# delete import network
# commit

So, first export(not push+commit), then the delete + commit. This did work for me.

Do you know what this command does? I have implemented as per direction. It was imported successfully but brought all the site to site tunnels down after force push template. The error on the site to site tunnel was for authentication. I had to reconfigure the pre-shared key again after importing firewalls. I did import 2 firewalls and it was exactly the same case. Firewalls are on 9.1.x and panorama on 10.1.4h2. 

I believe command is deleting more than we need. 

Santosh Patel
www.qnatech.com

L2 Linker

Hi, I don´t know exact what this command does but my firewall did not have any configuration that could be deleted. Previous, with another firewall I had the same experience that a force push did delete all pre-shared keys but I never found the reason why.

Hi

Was there any impact due to this change? 

Thanks

Hi, not for me. It did work without any problems.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!