Panorama Eval license issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Eval license issue

L2 Linker

Hi there,

I've just built a Palo Alto lab in my EVE-NG server (Panorama with 4 PAs FW using KVM VM-100 images) and I've applied  Eval licenses on all them and all the licenses have been accepted and updated when I check the license status.

However, when I tried to add the PA devices int Panorama, I got this message " S/N is invalid .Maximum number of managed device reached" even with only one PA FW device. Moreover, I did delete the licenses and add them back again but without any joy.

So, will EVAL license on Panorama allow you to add PA FWs ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @AK74

thanks for posting.

Panorama requires 2 licenses to be fully functional:

Support License - enables Panorama software updates and dynamic content updates.

Device Management License - enforces the maximum number of firewalls that Panorama can manage.

Based on what you described, it feels like you are missing the Device Management License.

It has been while since I have used an evaluation license in Panorama. At that time, I got the evaluation license from Palo Alto account team to perform PoC. If possible, I would contact your Palo Alto account team or partner to sort this out.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hello Pavel and community.
I have the same problem with my Panorma setup. Over the last few days I have installed Panorma using VM Workstation on two test machines. I was provided a licence and an Authentication code, when I tried to retrieve the licences, I was provided with a failed to register message from the interface. Then I checked on the portal and noticed the authentication code was in use.

From the web interface, i editted the general settings, manually entered in the serial licence key, then manually entered in the auth code onto the panorma interface. Only this time did the authentication code worked and a message said support profile.

Okay I thought one code has gone in successfully.

Then I tried the software update, this failed.

Then I tried the dynamic update, this failed.

Then I tried the license update, this failed.

So, initially I thought this could be a network issues, then i checked the management settings, I noticed the Panorma had not saved my ethernet 1 settings, I re-entered back on with the DNS settings. selected commit to save the configuration. From my VMWorkstation, I used the CLI configuraiton to ping local devices which were all successfully, then I pinged google's DNS address and then a few DNS hostname which all returned successfull.

My colleague created me a new auth code and licence to try, but I noticed once a license key is activated, I cant change it or remove it from the interface. But from the portal I need a deactivate key, which I dont know how to do that.

So if my web gui has DNS and outbound internet traffic, but fails to synchronise to the support portal an fails to update license and fails to update, is that a license issue. Also would I need the following below:

Panorama requires 2 licenses to be fully functional:

Support License - enables Panorama software updates and dynamic content updates.

Device Management License - enforces the maximum number of firewalls that Panorama can manage.

Im stuck now and not sure what to fix or check.

Kind Regards

Jatin Patel

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!