Pre-load software

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pre-load software

L0 Member

Hello!

I have a couple hundred firewalls that we centrally manage through Panorama. I am needing to update these firewalls to 10.1.1 outside of business hours, and that's going to take time.

In my testing I had tried to send the software package to a lab firewall through Panorama, telling it NOT to install the software. However, when I went back to install through Panorama it copied the software package file again.

Is there a way to pre-load the software packages and then have Panorama initiate an install without sending the entire package again?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @ellisbw

The feature in Panorama: "Upload only to device (do not install)" is in place to upload an image that is available on local device to be installed locally from "Install From File": https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Cm47CAC

What you are seeing in your Lab setup is therefore expected. As of now, I can't think of a way to pre-upload it by Panorama and initiate an installation from Panorama for already pre-uploaded image. If you are concern about bandwidth, perhaps you can split installation into several batches.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

if you are familiar with Ansible you could try the official paloaltonetworks panos collection at ansible galaxy.

https://galaxy.ansible.com/paloaltonetworks/panos 

there is a module called panos_software that is meant for managing software versions.

Greetings

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!