Shared RADIUS Server Profile, and Shared Authentication profile not showing up in a new Template?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Shared RADIUS Server Profile, and Shared Authentication profile not showing up in a new Template?

Hi Friends,

Please note that I have a Panorama running version 10.1.5-h1, and I just registered a couple of new PA-440 Palos which have the same software version 10.1.5-h1.

I also provisioned it's corresponding Template Stack, Device Group, and pushed everything successfully to those new firewalls.

However, my weird thing is that I should be able to see a Shared RADIUS Server Profile, and a Shared Authentication Profile... But none of this is showing up in the new Templates that I created for these 2 new devices. Please note my Template Stack is composed by an Standards-Template and a specific Template for the firewall (this is where I should be able to see the Shared mentioned Objects, but I'm not seeing that).

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @AlexandroDelAngel

when you create a new device specific Template for a new device, all the configuration will be blank unless you make configuration changes within that specific Template. There is no process of inheriting until you add a Template to Template Stack where all will be merged and depending which Template is placed on the top, the overlapping configuration will take a precedence.

Based on what you described, I have feeling what you are experiencing is expected. You will only see the RADIUS Server Profile and Authentication Profile in Standards-Template. In order to check the overall result of the configuration how it is going to be pushed to Firewall, you will have check it by looking into Template Stack (Navigate to Device, then select Template Stack from drop down list) instead of looking into individual Firewall specific Templates.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!