SYSTEM ALERT : critical : High root partition usage; going to state Non-Functional

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SYSTEM ALERT : critical : High root partition usage; going to state Non-Functional

L4 Transporter

I have a pair of Panorama running in Active/Passive version 10.2.4-h4.  Yesterday, I got this alert on the Active Panorama and it goes from Active to non-functional:  'High root partition usage; going to state Non-Functional' and " and "Disk usage for / exceeds limit, 100 percent in use, cleaning filesystem".  It was in this state for 30 minutes before becoming active again.  I do NOT have any debug enable on the system or crash files

I opened a TAC case and the TAC engineer  and the dude said that 84% utilization on the root partition is normal.  However, when I showed him that other panorama system has only 72% partition utilization, he couldn't explain it.  He instead pointed me to this bug ID:

PAN-221881
Fixed an issue where log ingestion to Panorama failed, which resulted in missing logs under the
Monitor
tab.

Which does not make any sense to me. 

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Hello @dtran 

Most probably you are hitting PAN-219659 which is fixed in PAN OS 10.2.5

Regards,

Mohammad Imran

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!