cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Prisma Access location and Compute location

L0 Member

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions about Prisma Access locations (RN-SPN vs MU-SPN), but I was unable to discover the answers in the documents that were provided. It would be wonderful if you could clarify something for me:

1. Difference between Prisma Access location vs compute location 

2.  How it will affect my overall traffic flow if Access location are just entry point and traffic getting egress from somewhere else

3. If my access location is in a country A and my compute location in country B,  then  how can ensure that my traffic is not crossing my boundary for certain apps where i has location specific restriction

4. Any reference architecture or study material will be helpful.

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

1. Compute location is the actual point of egress for traffic whereas location can be referred to as edge location to route the traffic quickly to the compute for processing .
2. Well the whole purpose of having an edge location is to reduce latency and ensure traffic reaches the computer faster.

3. Your IP will be sourced from the actual location you have onboarded.

4. AWS and GCP have similar architecture, I believe you can reference the same to have some insights into this.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!