False Positive Removal Request: generic.ml

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

False Positive Removal Request: generic.ml

L0 Member

SHA-256

cf9a5ca5ad376234ba38d374d855fce048dd7abda4955a4548874d412fb4355e
Vox_Imago_PC.exe
236 KB
2018-12-10 14:00:51 UTC

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/cf9a5ca5ad376234ba38d374d855fce048dd7abda4955a4548874d412fb4355e/d...

You can download a sample from http://giga.simetranet.com/Vox_Imago_PC.zip

is a password protected zip file the archive password is "infected"

This is a FALSE POSITIVE, please we kindly request to correct your antivirus detection

This an executable for a ROM track (DVD-ROM) Multimedia DVD that simply auto-execute the multimedia application present in the dvd-rom.

We made the executable and it isn't a virus or malware but actually it is recognized by your antivirus heuristic code as a malware-like.

We hereby declare that this code doesn't contain any malware or virus code, the executable will generate a simple BAT file that will change directory and call another executable in the cd-rom executing those shell commands:
--
cd voximago
Vox_Imago_PC.exe
--
Actually is needed because the real executable only work in a sub-directory but we need to execute it from the root directory of the cd-rom.

We are requesting to be identified as secure also because we can’t modify the cd-rom already distribuited.

Thankyou very much.
Best regards.

--

Carlo Santagostino

carlo@sugartec.it

+39 371 1437050

SUGARTEC by NORMADIGITAL SRL

Sede legale: Viale Renato Serra 6 – 20148 – Milano (MI)

Tel. +39.02.84258991 - Fax. +39.02.87183135 – info@sugartec.itwww.sugartec.it

Registro delle Imprese di Milano - Codice Fiscale e P.I. n. 08885450968 - C.C.I.A.A. di Milano R.E.A. n. MI-2054939

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi Normadigital,

The VT scan is 18/67. 

I have submitted this sample to our malware team. I will update once I hear from them.

Best Regards

Himani

Himani Singh

Hello,

I heard from our team, the verdict for this file is changed to benign. This change is immediately reflected in the WildFire and within 24-48 hours in our Anti Virus.

Thanks

Himani

Himani Singh
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!