cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Issue with updating 11.1.2 to 11.2.3

L0 Member

Hi,

We are trying to upgrade from 11.1.2 to 11.2.3, whatever update we try after 11.1.2 we get the error requires content version 8790 or greater and found 8761-8325. 

Please can someone advise what update path we should be taking?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @joet

the content update 8761 has been released more than 1 year ago. It looks like your Firewall does not have automatic set automatic installation of content updates or something is preventing from download/installation to happen. Could you navigate to: Device > Dynamic Updates, then set and install application update? After this step the error you are getting should go away.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

Thanks for coming back to me Pavel, I thought it was that but as I couldnt see that update listed under the Dynamic updates it confused me.

Do these updates require a restart when installed though, this is a production firewall so we cant really have it set to auto install if it does.

Thanks

Joe

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @joet

thank you for reply.

You do not have to worry. With dynamic updates you will not experience any reboot nor disruption. It is hitless process.

To retrieve latest updates, click on "Check Now", then install latest "Application and Threats" content update to resolve the issue preventing the PAN-OS upgrade.

To keep Firewall update up to date set download and install content updates.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

Ok brilliant thank you for confirming.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!