BGP on a dhcp interface, on a palo alto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BGP on a dhcp interface, on a palo alto

L2 Linker
Is it possible to configure BGP on a panorama template with the bgp local address on a dhcp interface without specifying the address? since if i have to specify the address the configuration would not be viable
Gabriel Montiel
3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @GabrielMontiel

I have several Firewalls where I am running BGP peers over interfaces with DHCP assigned IP addresses. Unfortunately, this is all configured locally without Templates, however looking into BGP configuration documentation, I do not see a reason why this should not work by using Panorama Template:

PavelK_0-1683864257628.png

If you select in Template local interface that is defined in the template as DHCP interface, then it should automatically populate local IP address as none, then after you pushed the configuration to Firewall, you should be able to see the IP address from runtime stats, then use that IP address as a target for neighboring BGP peer device to establish a session.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L2 Linker

I know it should be possible

Thats why i opened this thread i get a routed error "You have to specify an ip address because the interface has more than one" 

Maybe it is a bug?

Gabriel Montiel

L2 Linker

Update: 

i updated to 10.2.3 from 10.1.9 and the commit its now working

but the peer bgp status is not established since the local id is 0.0.0.0 (from runtime stats) Any help someone?

Gabriel Montiel
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!