Sub Interfaces or VLAN interfaces supported on VM-300 in AWS?

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L0 Member

Sub Interfaces or VLAN interfaces supported on VM-300 in AWS?

Hi,

We were wondering if sub-interfaces or VLAN interfaces are supported on the VM seriies in AWS. 

We would like to separate customer traffic using these VLANs/ sub-interfaces as we do in our own DC, but it doesn't seem possible in AWS on the VM-300 as there are no options when I highlight the individual interface.

If sub-interfaces and VLANs are not supported, are there any work-arounds?

Thank you, Pat

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@pmchenry,

You are correct, this is a known limitation within AWS. The only interface type that you are allowed is layer3, and VLAN and subinterface isn't supported at all. There's really no way to workaround that issue that I'm aware of, at that point you would be having more of a design discussion about how the environment is being built out and isolated.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@pmchenry,

You are correct, this is a known limitation within AWS. The only interface type that you are allowed is layer3, and VLAN and subinterface isn't supported at all. There's really no way to workaround that issue that I'm aware of, at that point you would be having more of a design discussion about how the environment is being built out and isolated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Hi @pmchenry 

Yes, @BPry  is correct we don't support sub-interfaces in Public Cloud for now. There is no workaround for this. 

As already mentioned you should plan your design and to avoid this.

Regards,

Torsten

Highlighted
L0 Member

On both of the configurations above I've set the IP settings to dhcp server with a static address and dhcp client. When in client mode it doesn't get an address and when in server mode nothing can reach it UPSers Login

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Hi @Welborn 

i dont' understand the question. could you please explain what are you trying to do?

Regards,

Torsten

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!