vpc-classic-v1.2.1.template issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

vpc-classic-v1.2.1.template issues

L2 Linker

So I deployed this template exactly as described on the site. I kept all the default pre-populated settings where possible and used my own S3 buckets. Tried it both with and without nat gateways. This is with 3 AZ in us-east-1. 

All the AWS artifacts get created, the nested stack gets created, but the firewalls do not! 

I checked the logs from the lambda and the only error in init.py that I see is :

An error occurred (NoSuchKey) when calling the GetObject operation: The specified key does not exist.

The bucket is in the same region. I've populated all the required files as per the article. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, Upon further investigation I didn't choose all the default values. The firewalls weren't being created because their instance type isn't supported by AWS Market place. The template lists 2 instance types as allowed parameters that shouldn't be there and also is missing 2 instance types that should be allowed.

Instance types that should be removed as not supported.

c3,xlarge and c4.xlarge

Instance types that should be added.

c3.8xlarge and c4.8xlarge

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Apparently the error is not related. I deleted the stack and re-created it exactly the same way and this time it create the firewalls. Go figure. 

OK, Upon further investigation I didn't choose all the default values. The firewalls weren't being created because their instance type isn't supported by AWS Market place. The template lists 2 instance types as allowed parameters that shouldn't be there and also is missing 2 instance types that should be allowed.

Instance types that should be removed as not supported.

c3,xlarge and c4.xlarge

Instance types that should be added.

c3.8xlarge and c4.8xlarge

Thanks for the information Perry and I am happy to hear you have it working now. We will take a look at the template and instance types and make any necessary changes. Thanks again and take care. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!