SSL Decrypt & Windows Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL Decrypt & Windows Updates

L2 Linker

Hello,

I've been having a problem with Windows Updates when SSL Decrypt is turned on and I'm wondering if anyone else had to add these "new" Microsoft URL's to the decryption exclusion list. My firewall is on version 8.0.3 and my Windows version is Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (Build 15063.483). I'm not sure what update package includes SSL Decryption Exclusions but my App & Threats version is 718-4138. All the predefined exclusions are enabled in Device > Certificate Management > SSL Decryption Exclusion

Added URL's:

*.do.dsp.mp.microsoft.com

*.delivery.mp.microsoft.com

Once I added these two URL's to the exclusion list Windows Updates was able to check-in to Microsoft's servers, download the updates, and install them successfully. Without these exclusions Windows Updates would say there are no updates available. I'm still doing testing to see if these two URL's are the only ones that need to be excluded in addition to the predefined ones.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Thank you for your letting us know!

I will check if we could add these URLs to the list (list is being pushed through the content update - apps and threats). 

BR, -Nikola

I had to add these exclusions as well for Windows Updates and Windows Defender Definition Updates to be downloaded to a Windows PC.

did these ever get added to their list for palo?  I just ran into this problem today.

• 3 replies
  • 5 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!