General AIOps questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

General AIOps questions

L4 Transporter

I have a fairly large environment and have just moved Panorama and Loggers to 10.1.X.  I'm mainly hoping to use AIOps for hardware failure notification, so let's say I have a pair of FW's in England still on 9.1.x connected to my Panorama.  If I have AIOps installed with only Panorama onboarded, is that enough to say get a notification if a fan goes out on a FW in England?  Hopefully that makes sense.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @RobertShawver ,

When you enable telemetry ( and the device certificate ) on Panorama or the NGFW, the device should show up in AIOps.  That's all I had to do, and all my devices show up.  Edit:  Maybe I did add devices as mentioned in the video.  I don't remember.

Sorry for your frustration.  I am not sure what is wrong.  Here are some videos that may help -> https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/aiops-for-ngfw-discussions/new-activation-onboarding-and-upgrad....

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

L2 Linker

You need to onboard each firewall through apps.paloaltonetworks.com but also make sure that telemetry is enabled on each device and correct region is in use. This can be done either via template on Panorama or individually on each firewall.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @RobertShawver ,

In the AIOps dashboard, Panorama only shows health alerts for itself.  Health alerts are tied to each device.  So, the device needs to be onboarded to AIOps to see the alerts.  Try it!  You can activate AIOps for free and onboard Panorama.  Any device that is enabled for telemetry sharing is already onboarded.  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/aiops/aiops-for-ngfw/get-started-with-aiops/onboard-devices

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom -

Setting this up felt like it got really complicated really quick, had to add apps to rules within the FW, whitelist things in Prisma and so on.  Still nothing in my dashboard and it feels like way more than two hours ago since I did all this.  My question is, how do I know if I did everything?  Is there a log or something I can check to see if it's just still thinking about adding stuff to the dashboard or if I'm actually missing something?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @RobertShawver ,

When you enable telemetry ( and the device certificate ) on Panorama or the NGFW, the device should show up in AIOps.  That's all I had to do, and all my devices show up.  Edit:  Maybe I did add devices as mentioned in the video.  I don't remember.

Sorry for your frustration.  I am not sure what is wrong.  Here are some videos that may help -> https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/aiops-for-ngfw-discussions/new-activation-onboarding-and-upgrad....

Thanks,

Tom

I think that got it!  I had to do the device association as shown in the video. Now, it still does say Telemetry Collection Disabled on the dashboard however. 

L2 Linker

You need to onboard each firewall through apps.paloaltonetworks.com but also make sure that telemetry is enabled on each device and correct region is in use. This can be done either via template on Panorama or individually on each firewall.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!