we have now have the strata cloud manager and cortex data lake etc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

we have now have the strata cloud manager and cortex data lake etc

L2 Linker

How do we on-board the existing high availability firewalls with working config to be managed with strata cloud manager/AIops guide is only showing us to do the new one.

We don't have panorama we setup Palos NGFW as a manual setup in high availability firewalls. 

any help on pointers on this much appreciated obviously we don't want it to default all the setting when we onboard the NGFW

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hello,

I've been told that, currently, there is no way to onboard existing NGFWs into Strata Cloud Manager to be managed. You can onboard the firewalls to use the BPA, Feature Adoption, or other items in the Dashboard.

The only way to manage existing firewalls is if they are managed by Panorama and then the Panorama instance is migrated to Strata Cloud Manager management.

I don't see how Palo could not eventually make it an option to migrate existing firewalls into SCM, but as of now it can only be done if they are Panorama managed first. If Palo wants everyone moving towards SCM, they will have to make a way to migrate existing firewalls.

I do see this post, https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/aiops-for-ngfw-discussions/is-there-any-way-to-import-the-confi...

Not sure if this could be a possible solution.

Hope this helps!

Kay

L2 Linker

forget the management then how do I setup the logging without managing the Palo so we can get all the logs in 1 place 

L3 Networker

Cloud Managed configuration for NGFWs is only available with an AIOps for NGFW license, which gives you Strata Cloud Manager.  Once you have that, you can request access to cloud managed config through your account team, as it is currently requires a brief discussion with the Product team to see if it will meet your use cases.  We are looking at going GA with the Strata Cloud Manager, and cloud managed config piece of the product in the coming months.  After GA, you will no longer be required to request access to the feature.  Please discuss this with your account team for more information.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!