Ansible Galaxy Match firewall rules

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ansible Galaxy Match firewall rules

L0 Member

Hey Guys,

I am very new to Ansible and was hoping someone could help me with this issue I'm running into. I downloaded and installed ansible galaxy and was testing the following "Match firewall rules". 

It works on vsys1 but if any of my firewalls don't have a vsys or the rule is on any other vsys (example vsys 2), i get the following error: "fatal: [test.xyz.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Matched \"test rule\" with \"test security-policy-match destination \"x.x.x.123\" destination-port \"443\" protocol \"6\" source \"10.x.y.z\"\", but wasn't in rulebase"}

It's weird that it matches and prints the name of the rule, but fails with "but wasn't in rulebase". 

would appreciate any help. 

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

A new version of the Ansible role was released just yesterday and one of the changes was to this specific module.  I would recommend updating your role and then trying again, it should work.  But vsys defaults to vsys="vsys1" if you don't specify otherwise, so make sure to set it appropriately if you want to run the module against a different vsys.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!