Capturing and logging dot1x traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Capturing and logging dot1x traffic

Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I am looking to capture some dot1x traffic. The goal would be to simply log the dot1x under a custom application.

The problem is i dont see a context that I can use for the dot1x traffic (screenshot) under the application signature  to be able to do this.

Is it possible to do some pattern matching that would accomplish the same goal?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Custom application signatures are for tcp/udp traffic. You cannot use them for non-IP layer 3 traffic.

Thank you for the clear answer - that makes perfect sense.

Is there a way to capture dot1x traffic in pattern matching then?

Have you tried adding a pcap filter with non-IP option set to 'include'?

I see the option - but I want the dot1x traffic to be logged on the PA traffic log as perhaps another custom app. I was looking further into it and perhaps the REST API is the answer...?

Is it possible to insert a log entry with REST?

I tried this and yes this does capture the radius traffic going from the WLC <-> Radius. by the way.....

Ok i have been trying to get the data pattern working. Attached is a screenshot of a EAPOL packet.

How would my regex look if i wanted to capture any packet with this source address? (assume the source is 7 bytes).

any answer to last three posts?

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!