PAN-OS 8.0/8.1 - Push changes committed by specific admin user to devices using API (commit-all)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS 8.0/8.1 - Push changes committed by specific admin user to devices using API (commit-all)

L0 Member

Hi,

Currnely we are checking the following commands to commit changes to panorama (admin-level) made by spsefic admin user:

https://<Panorama>/api/?&type=commit&action=partial&cmd=<commit><partial><admin><member>admin-name<></member></admin></partial></commit>

And using the following command to push committed changes, in specific device group:
https://<Panorama>/api/?type=commit&action=all&cmd=<commit-all><shared-policy><device-group><entry name="device-group-name"/></device-group>

This command push all committed changes made by all users, so my query is it possible to push committed changes made by specific admin user as in the first command by determining the admin-user ?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

What I've found is that when I commit changes to Panorama made by a specific user, only those committed changes get pushed to the device group specified. If there are other uncommitted changes made by other admins, those don't get pushed out during the commit-all. I do agree with you that any other committed changes made by other admins will also be pushed out with the commit-all. In the GUI, there's no option to push only the changes made by a single admin out to a device group, only to commit to Panorama the changes made by a single admin.

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!