Computers do not receive the new update cortex 7.6.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Computers do not receive the new update cortex 7.6.0

L2 Linker
Hello everyone,
I have computers in the organization that doesn't receive the new version of cortex 7.6.0.4. The computers went into disable mode.
It would be great if you can help me.
That's what I see in Log
Thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi @Shmuel,

Could you please mark this thread as Solved? 

Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L3 Networker

Dear Shmuel, 

What did you see in the log exactly ? Could you share? 

What is the current status of the upgrade? Could you check from action center?

Also, could you verify status from

Endpoints > Endpoint Administration > Auto Upgrade Status column.

Emre

L2 Linker
Hey,
Thank you for answering me
I  see the Auto Upgrade Status column. It says the computer is in Pending status
Shmuel_1-1638984054593.png
And  I'm sharing Log

It would be great if you can help me.
Thank you

@Shmuel I believe what they were asking was to first go into the "Endpoints > Endpoint Management > Endpoint Administration" and THEN you may need to select the 3 dots, in the upper right hand corner, then select FILTERS and select the other fields that are not normally selected (you may have the "default view" currently)
One of the options to select to view is: Auto Upgrade Status
As a Layout Configuration option.  By default this is not selected, thus not in the view.
See screenshot below

KRisselada_0-1638981683553.png

Hope that helps

Thank you

L0 Member

my windows 11 machine - pushed out the update and it disabled cortex and never installed 7.6.  I had to reboot to get Cortex 7.5.x to restart.  

Dear Shmuel,

Thank you for log. Noticed that you have "Installation success or error status: 1603." in your log. This is typical msi package installation error. 

That error might related with the permission of the installer account but i guess in your case, windows installer cannot able to install an app which is already existing on the system and checking XDR folders, still there and throwing this error.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/application-management/msi-installation...

Im gonna recommend to try installation manually first. check detailed installation logs. please use below command.

msiexec /i XDR_pkg_x64.msi /l*v c:\install.txt

and then please try uninstall manually and manually install again.

Dear Papuga

7.5 agent is not supported for Windows 11. I'm recommending to use 7.6 agent for Windows 11

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/compatibility-matrix/cortex-xdr/where-can-i-install-the-cortex-xdr...

Hi @Shmuel,

As @etugriceri mentioned, error 1603 could be related to permissions for the msi installed. I reason for this could be related to pending reboots in the machine. For instance, Windows updates were applied, and the endpoint needs a reboot to finish installation. MSI gets "blocked" and does not allow other msi installations. I would suggest a reboot if possible and try again.

L2 Linker

Thank you!!

L3 Networker

Hi @Shmuel,

Could you please mark this thread as Solved? 

Thanks in advance!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!