cortex installation question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

cortex installation question

L0 Member

i am using the same installer on all my clients (mac) why do some of my devices have malware and exploit protection and others just malware protection?

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi @jchurch -

The installer should have no bearing on the policy applied.  Please check your policy rules to ensure that machines are in the correct filter -- or that they are included.  

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 

they all have the same policy applied.  see the screenshots below.  some just don't have exploit protection

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.53.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.51.21 PM.png

  

Hi @jchurch,

Okay, thank you.  This may require a little more examination.  Are the macOS versions all the same?  Second, do you know if full disk access (version macOS 10.15 and later) was granted on all clients as per the document below?

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/7-0/cortex-xdr-agent-admin/cortex-xdr-agent-for-...

If these boxes have been checked, we are likely going to need to gather a tech support file (TSF) and reach out to support.  The TSF can captured by going to your endpoint list > Endpoint Control > Retrieve Support File. 

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!