Cortex XDR 2.0 migration, Broker VM upgrade question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR 2.0 migration, Broker VM upgrade question

L2 Linker

Hi,

Recently I watched the Cortex XDR 2.0 migration information video and there was mention of having to need to upgrade the on-premise Broker VM.

I wanted to make sure we are ready for the migration and, if necessary, prepare our environment where needed.

In the updated Broker VM installation documentation, I saw some new things, like configuration through a web page.

Having tested that on out on-prem Broker VM, I found out there is no web-ui listening. So I figured I need to upgrade it.

I checked our on-prem Broker VM version and it's at 6.2.12. Then I went to the download assets page and noticed the latest available version in 6.1.4.

This doesn't look like an upgrade to me. When I restarted the services on our Broker VM for a test, I noticed webui.service as being inactive.

What do I need to do now? Do I still need to deploy the latest Broker VM? Or can I activate that webui somehow?

I would really like to have everything ready before next weekend, when we are being migrated to Cortex XDR 2.0 (we are currently using TMS).

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi there.  The version of the broker available for download is dependent on your environment.  If you are using TMS or Cortex 1.0, the version exposed is different than the version in Cortex XDR 2.0.  In my 2.0 tenant, I am seeing broker version 7.1.13 for both OVA and VMDK.  That being said, you will likely have to wait until you are upgraded. 

Please reply to this thread if you have issues after you are upgraded.

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi there.  The version of the broker available for download is dependent on your environment.  If you are using TMS or Cortex 1.0, the version exposed is different than the version in Cortex XDR 2.0.  In my 2.0 tenant, I am seeing broker version 7.1.13 for both OVA and VMDK.  That being said, you will likely have to wait until you are upgraded. 

Please reply to this thread if you have issues after you are upgraded.

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 

Thanks for your reply David.

After this weekend's migration I was still only able to download Broker VM 6.1.4 from the support page.

Only after reading the newer article "Configure Your Broker VM" I noticed that there's a download option from the Settings -> Broker VMs page on our new Cortex XDR page.

It seems like the old Broker VM won't proxy new Cortex XDR agents, so I'll have to deploy this new 7.1.13 VM alongside.

Anyway, problem solved!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!