cortex xdr agent causing noticable heating on endpoints

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

cortex xdr agent causing noticable heating on endpoints

L2 Linker

Hi all, 

has anyone encountered a heating issue on endpoints with XDR installed? My IT team tells me that a lot of users in the organisation are complaining about their endpoints heating up after the XDR was installed, both on mac and windows. I'd like to note that I have not encountered such issues with my mac(I'm the XDR admin in the org), nor is it something that has been reported in the ~year since we rolled out the XDR agents.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Daniel_Itenberg ,

Thank you for writing to live community!

CPU heating happens only on high utilisation of the endpoint because of multiple activities performed. Since Cortex XDR and other EDR solutions collect real time data and there is multiple utilisation operations, there is definitely a scope of higher utilisation than having no security product at all.

However, significantly higher utilisation by cortex xdr agent processes is something which is ideally not expected. It is recommended to observe those devices and monitor CPU/disk utilisation and observe if Cortex XDR processes are top acting processes consuming significant amount of resources or not. If there is a use case as such, we recommend opening a support case with evidence like screenshots of task manager(activity monitor in Macs), system load percentage outputs, tech support files etc. Our engineering team would look into the logs to confirm and fix if there is some issue(s) that persists.

Hope this helps!

Please mark the response "Accept as Solution" if you think it answers your query.

Regards

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!