Deleting Connection lost endpoints in Cortex XDR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Deleting Connection lost endpoints in Cortex XDR

L2 Linker

Hi,

I want to know if I delete the connection lost system, will it delete the XDR agent installed on that system as well? Or the agent will still remain there?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi @RahulPrajapati, the agent will not remove itself automatically from the endpoint. You can manually uninstall the agent though with the steps listed here.

Hope this helps!

Hi @bbarmanroy,

Thanks for the reply. My doubts has been answered by you.

You are welcome, @RahulPrajapati . You can mark the response as Solved if this worked for you.  

Hi @RahulPrajapati

As mentioned by @bbarmanroy, the agent will remain installed. Please note that "Connection Lost" means that the machines have been in Disconnected status for 30 days (default), or for as many days as you configured it in the Global Configurations

If a machine remains in Connection Lost for 180 days (default), or for as many days as you configured it in the Global Configurations, it will be automatically deleted from the XDR database. This means that if there is a machine that stays disconnected for that long, you will only be able to have it connect to the tenant by reinstalling the agent or or using the Cytool Reconnect command.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!