Deploy Cortex Agent via Intune

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Deploy Cortex Agent via Intune

L1 Bithead

Has anyone managed to successfully deployed the Windows Cortex agent via Intune?

I have an app configured and deployed, but it's not working as expected. Likely because of the App protection policy in Cortex. I have version checking in the App turned off as I want Cortex to do the updates, all I want is the initial client install on Autopilot machines. 

The Application is deploying to the end devices, and seems to be installed, but Intune is reporting it as failed. 

Error code: 0x80070643

Fatal error during installation
Suggested remediation
A Microsoft Windows Installer failure occurred. Enable Windows Installer verbose logging. Then retry the installation to capture error details.
13 REPLIES 13

L3 Networker

Hi Simon,

Can you validate the MSI is not corrupted on the machine?

Thanks,

Silviu

Silviu-Mihail Dascalu

L1 Bithead

This happens for all machines, not just 1. Seem like Intune is not correctly detecting that it's installed. 

L2 Linker

We have deployed cortex XDR via Intune with no issue. that error sound like .NET framework issue.  

Can you give me any details open how you configured the App?

Sure in DM.

L0 Member

Was this resolved? looking at similar issues.

can you please provide more details 

L2 Linker
This is what we have - 

Install command
msiexec /i "packagename.msi" /qn
Allow available uninstall
No
Install behavior
System
Device restart behavior
No specific action

What is your goal? Only fresh desploying or updating too? 

BR

Rob

Updating to a newer version 

XDR 8.2.0.46986

What speaks against the update workflow through the dashboard of cortex? 

BR

Rob

L0 Member

Was this resolved and if so - how?

L1 Bithead

I also have questions regarding this, cause i have customer who deploy cortex through Intune but want it to update without the need to go on cortex and get the updated version manually, possible some type of API

• 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!