Export/Import filters

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import filters

L3 Networker

Hi,

In the Host Inventory/Applications I can filter programs then save the filter and open it when needed. However it would be very helpful if I could export this filter, modify it in editor and import again. Is any way to do this? I'm just trying to exclude decent number of application from my view and adding them manually to the filer in dashboard is very problematic. Perhaps there is other way to achieve it, like adding multiple application to the filter in dashboard instead doing it one by one?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello @Piotr_Kowalczyk ,

Thank you for reaching out to our live community.

Unfortunately you cannot export the filter as of now. The alternate solution will be to to create a query and exclude the list of applications you have and make a dashboard out of it.

preset = host_inventory_applications
| fields application_name , vendor , version , endpoint_name

If you feel this has answered your query, please let us know by clicking on "mark this as a Solution". Thank you.

Ashutosh Patil

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hello @Piotr_Kowalczyk ,

Thank you for reaching out to our live community.

Unfortunately you cannot export the filter as of now. The alternate solution will be to to create a query and exclude the list of applications you have and make a dashboard out of it.

If you feel this has answered your query, please let us know by clicking on "mark this as a Solution". Thank you.

Ashutosh Patil

Thank you for your reply.

Just two questions:

1. Is it possible to add multiple values in the dashboard filter (copy/paste) instead of adding them one by one? I wasn't able to find a  solution for this, when I pasted multiple values it showed as one and didn't filter correctly.

2. Is it possible to filter values in query with NOT CONTAINS but for multiple values? I know I can use NOT IN (value1,value2) abut is is possible to do this with contains?

L5 Sessionator

Hello @Piotr_Kowalczyk ,

1. You can do copy/paste and hit enter to add multiple application as shown in the image.

2. You cannot use Not Contains as like Not In, you have to use OR operator. You can refer below query as an example.

|filter application_name not contains "7-Zip 23.01 (x64)" or application_name not contains "Git"

Ashutosh Patil

Thanks for your reply.

1. Whatever I try I'm ending with applications pasted in one line instead of multiple values.

Piotr_Kowalczyk_1-1708616024274.png

Piotr_Kowalczyk_0-1708615959316.png

2. I was more looking for a way to have everything separated with comas, like (app1,app2.app3) because this would simplify coping/paste from the list. 

L5 Sessionator

Hello @Piotr_Kowalczyk ,

You have to copy paste each application.

Ashutosh Patil

Thank you, at least I have clarity now.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!