In order to deploy the Cortex XDR Agent to macOS you have to have both the Config.xml and Cortex XDR.pkg files bundled in the same deployment file. Workspace ONE does not support the uploading/deployment of a .zip file so you have to use a workaround.
Cortex XDR Agent Application:
1. You will first need to pull the Cortex XDR Uninstaller out of the folder.
2. Open Disk Utility
3. Go to File > New Image, then choose Image from Folder...
4. Select the Cortex XDR folder with just the Config.xml and Cortex XDR.pkg contained inside. (Having the uninstaller in the folder will cause it to fail on deployment)
5. Enter your filename and where to save it. Encryption = none, Image Format = Compressed.
6. New .dmg containing the necessary files will be created. Upload this to Workspace ONE for deployment.
After deployment the end user will still be prompted saying that System Extensions are needed and a few other pop up prompts. Just select "OK" on all of those and everything will begin syncing and functioning as it should.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!