Downloaded tar file contains a broken cortex.conf with deb-package

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Downloaded tar file contains a broken cortex.conf with deb-package

L1 Bithead

I've now finally sucessfully installed Cortex XDR in an Ubuntu-22.04 image in WSL2 in Windows 11.

However the provided cortex.conf file in the tar-file is missing a newline on the last line of the file, making it not work properly.

Editing the file and adding the newline solves the problem.

8 REPLIES 8

L3 Networker

Dear @jbygden 

Thank you for reaching out to the live community. I understand that there was a missing line in the cortex.conf file which is causing issues on installation. Thank you for bringing this to our knowledge and we shall look into it shortly. Thank you. 

If you feel this has answered your query, please let us know by clicking on "mark this as a Solution". Thank you.

The fact that you will look into it is not a solution.
If you fix it - then you have a solution...

L1 Bithead

I discovered the same, investigating my installation from 4 months back, but it didn't cause an installation failure.

No, it doesn't fail to install, but it fails to read the config file when starting after install...

L1 Bithead

Interesting, because mine runs fine. I only discovered the missing line break because I was poking around for other reasons. (Also on 22.04.)

L1 Bithead

It's been a while since I posted that, might have fixed it... 🤔

L1 Bithead

My installation predated your post by 2 months. Worked fine from the get-go. The line-break (or lack of) is an oversight, but it seems there is or was some other oddity at play in addition.

Ah, ok

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!