Full path not always available for mouse capture

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Full path not always available for mouse capture

L1 Bithead

Good morning.  The provided image is a screencap which appears when I select a single Result in an Incident.  Notice that I used the mouse to select the entirety of the path which appears in the browser, while the hover shows that there's much more path that's unavailable for mouse selection.

There doesn't seem to be any tools which make the whole path available for mouse selection, copy and paste.  The Incident itself, for example, may have a title or description which does not match the Result I'm investigating... or the Result I wish to view does not have a Causality Chain.

The workaround is to right-click the Result and 'Copy entire row', then I can paste into Notepad and grab the detail I need.  It's a little clumsy, but it works.

Could each artifact which appears in this window have a tool which would allow 'copy to clipboard'?  SHA256 already has such a tool available.

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
"Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn."
Walter Bazar
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Eric_Geater ,

Double-click on the text you want to select and the web browser will select automatically everything, even the text  beyond what is visible. No need trying to mouse select the whole think, just double-click and it will be selected, ready to copy.

Now that being said, the information from your screenshot is summarized information of the Alert you have clicked under the incident you are investigating. All of this information should also be visible, if instead clicking on the Alert you start scrolling right. Eventually you will reach the field you want to copy.

I would agree that copy to clipboard button for more fields will be nice, but this would required feature request.

L1 Bithead

"generic:vzwebsite"

In the quotation marks above, I pasted what was copied to the clipboard from Cortex.  No, everything was not automatically selected.  It didn't even capture the ellipsis ("...") at the end of the line.

Thank you for your response, however.

"Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn."
Walter Bazar
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!