"Actions" in action centre are stuck at "In progress" only

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"Actions" in action centre are stuck at "In progress" only

L2 Linker

Hi All,

I have started facing an issue where whatever actions start via action centre, First it says "Pending" after that it turns to "In progress" status. and it stays there , It never shows status as "Completed successfully"

Just to test, I initiated the scan on my own system and for more than 1hour status is "in progress" (Usually the scan finishes in half an hour.

Same with agent uninstallation task, Not sure what's causing this.

Could anyone help here?

Regards

Asif Siddiqui

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

@AsifSid wrote:

Hi All,

I have started facing an issue where whatever actions start via action centre, First it says "Pending" after that it turns to "In progress" status. and it stays there , It never shows status as "Completed successfully"

Just to test, I initiated the scan on my own system and for more than 1hour status is "in progress" (Usually the scan finishes in half an hour.

Same with agent uninstallation task, Not sure what's causing this.

Could anyone help here?

Regards

Asif Siddiqui

Hi @AsifSid ,

The reason why a job could be stuck at "In Progress" could be for several reasons given the type of job performed. What do you see when you were to right-click the scan or uninstallation job and select "Additional data?" Is it possible to post a screenshot of that? Usually, some high-level information is available there, which could help understand why the job has not been completed. However, in other cases, I have found that the details just aren't there to make a sound determination and opened a case with Support to get assistance. I can say that the reliability of these jobs improves significantly on Cortex XDR agent version 7.2 and greater. So if your agent versions are lower than 7.2, upgrading may resolve a number of these "In Progress" issues.

Visit our Cortex XDR Customer Corner on Live Community to access resources for your product journey, engage in discussions with community members and subject matter experts, and register for upcoming events!

*Cortex XDR Customer Corner: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/cortex-xdr-customer-corner/ct-p/Cortex_XDR_Customer_Corner

Join our Cortex XDR Office Hours to receive live guidance and training from our Customer Success Architects.

*Cortex XDR Office Hours [NAM]: https://paloaltonetworks.zoom.us/webinar/register/3316669859020/WN_yMpAB-aBTt6xk2h-gsra4w
*Cortex XDR Office Hours [EMEA/APAC]: https://paloaltonetworks.zoom.us/webinar/register/4116709604301/WN_CZuFE5CHQbG9LUEqugsIOw
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!