Rename Tenant URL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Rename Tenant URL

L2 Linker

Hi Community

We would like to change the URL of a Cortex XDR tenant to newname.xdr.eu.paloaltonetworks.com and then use the old URL oldname.xdr.eu.paloaltonetworks.com for a new tenant.

How long do I have to wait with the tenant activation until the URL is released for use again?

Thanks & Best Regards

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi Community

The answer from TAC case is: For releasing a tenant URL, we need to internally raise a request and post that it will be released.

So I will rename the tenant URL and then create a TAC request to release it. Let's hope the implementation will be quick.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello @Rocky-25 

Thanks for reaching out on LiveCommunity.

There is no fix time for the release of old subdomain because it can vary from environment to environment. Activation of new subdomain depends on the number of individuals points where a sync is required like firewalls, Broker VM, XDR agents etc. However to expedite the process please raise a case with support team. 

Note:-

Before you change your tenant subdomain, make sure to complete and validate all the preparations that coincide with the URL change, such as firewall configurations, SSO configurations and Cortex XDR agent upgrades to version 7.4 or later.

L2 Linker

Hi @nsinghvirk

Thank you for your reply. As I understand it, the URL will be released again, it's only a matter of time?

I've created a TAC case, let's see what information they will provide me.

Best Regards

Hi @Rocky-25 ,

Can you update what's TAC replied?

Because I need to do this action as well.

Regards,

PK.

L2 Linker

Hi Community

The answer from TAC case is: For releasing a tenant URL, we need to internally raise a request and post that it will be released.

So I will rename the tenant URL and then create a TAC request to release it. Let's hope the implementation will be quick.

Best Regards

L2 Linker

Hi Community

The URL releasing with a TAC case worked really well. It was done within one business day.

Best Regards and Merry X-Mas

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!