Some Alert Exclusions don't work anymore

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Some Alert Exclusions don't work anymore

L4 Transporter

Hello dear community,

Since some days, my alert exclusions do not work anymore and the alerts are popping up. Now i noticed the quotes in the target process cmd.

powershell.exe -command --> before

"powershell.exe" -command --> from now

What has happened? The automation task wasn't changed, but maybe a behaviour change from PA?

BR

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi 

@RFeyertag 

Thank you for reaching out to live community!

Possibly there is A recalculation on your tenant for your exclusion policy. Possible that there was an edit on the policy because of an edit and there is a backwards scan running. Please check backwards scan status

Hello @neelrohit

what is an backward scan status? And why do I have to do this? Isn't there any information why this quotes suddenly appearing? And day by day I have more not working exclusions. 

BR

Rob

Hi @RFeyertag ,

Backwards scan is a logic which runs on the Cortex XDR console for querying past events from the date a rule has been created( IOC/BIOC) and also for alert exclusions when you want to exclude the existing alerts. If the exclusion rules were edited and checked in for exclude existing alerts, there will be a backwards scan running in. Till the time, the backwards scan is running, exclusions will not work for old alerts and only the new alerts will be excluded.

However, if you are saying that it is not working for you. I recommend opening a TAC case. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!