The Logic behind Widgets on XDR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

The Logic behind Widgets on XDR

L2 Linker

Hello , 

Recently we observed that during time period of last 7 days when we use the widget Incidents by source it shows us of a total 7 incidents but when we check manually with the same timeframe it shows us only 6 overall incidents. How does this widget accumulate its data.

Same case for the alerts there is a difference in total number with the same widget.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi @NivedaR ,

Thank you for writing to Live Community!

If I understand it correctly, you are trying to compare the numbers of incidents generated for the last 7 days using the widget  versus the number of incidents you see on the incidents table.

The widget shows you the number of incidents generated during a specific timeframe selected(24h/7d/30d), while the incident table has additional filter that is status of the incidents. Out of the incidents generated within the timeframe, there is a possibility some might have been resolved and hence, does not list down. I would request you to check by removing all filters and just use incidents in the last 7days and match it with your widget data. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi @NivedaR ,

Thank you for writing to Live Community!

If I understand it correctly, you are trying to compare the numbers of incidents generated for the last 7 days using the widget  versus the number of incidents you see on the incidents table.

The widget shows you the number of incidents generated during a specific timeframe selected(24h/7d/30d), while the incident table has additional filter that is status of the incidents. Out of the incidents generated within the timeframe, there is a possibility some might have been resolved and hence, does not list down. I would request you to check by removing all filters and just use incidents in the last 7days and match it with your widget data. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!