Traps anti-tampering supervisor password needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traps anti-tampering supervisor password needed

L0 Member

In a document provided by my company some time ago, we were asked to install Traps on our personal computer, however, I found that it blocks certain programs(video game) when I'm not working. It seems it's not possible to uninstall this and a supervisor password is needed. I can't find this documented within our company and from initial conversations with my company, they seem to not know what the password is. Is there any kind of workaround? I have a feeling my company is going to take a while to find it or possibly never find it. The default password of "Password1" also doesn't work which I've seen listed from within this Forums.

edit: issue is resolved. eventually someone in the company was able to have a way to uninstall by going into my computer

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi @nhussain,

You will not be able to find the password as it is encrypted and hidden. However, you can change the uninstall password from the agent settings and then try to get the updated policy and try uninstall. Ideally people who manage the security solution are the only ones who should be able to do it and none else should attempt doing that. 

gaming application being blocked is potentially also a reason that it can contain embedded malwares. Please reach out to your Information Security team to help you.

Regards

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!