cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

XDR on old MacOS unable to check in

L0 Member

hi all,

I am trying to install XDR client on the old MacOS like, El capitan, mojave and High Sierra.

But the 7.x version weren't able to install so i generated 5.0.6 installation package and manage to install to the above mentioned OS.

But after the installation, my endpoints are not able to check in and update their policies. And the options of security and privacy does not have any prompt. When i try to do manually, there isn't those options in the mentioned MacOS as well. 

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi Mingwei,

I understand you are having issues with agent connectivity. First, ensure you are installing a supported agent version by checking the documentation here for what OS versions are supported with each agent version. Then, check here to make sure your Mac hosts meet the required specifications. Then, use this resource page to ensure you are allowing XDR traffic through your network. If you are still having connectivity issues after making these checks please open a support case so our support team can troubleshoot further.

Thanks,

Ben

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Mingwei , I am sure you're aware of the challenges of using an operating system that is no longer supported by the OS vendor (lack of updates, security patches etc.). The recommendation is to decommission those devices to reduce the risk of exposure to vulnerabilities.

For OSX versions 10.13 and 10.14, you can consider using the 7.5 CE version (EOL - March 6, 2024). You can refer to this link for creating a CE installer.

Links:
1. Supported platform - https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/compatibility-matrix/cortex-xdr/where-can-i-install-the-cortex-xdr...

2. EOL - https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/end-of-life-announcements/end-of-life-summary

L0 Member

Hi guys, thanks for the help. Let me try it out. Thanks!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!