XdrAgentCleaner commands?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XdrAgentCleaner commands?

L0 Member

I wrote a script a long time ago that used the -ep (encrypted password) parameter using the XdrAgentCleaner. My password has been updated and I need to create a new encrypted password and I can't for the life of me remember for find the parameter used for creating an encrypted password. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi @M_Brown 

As a best practice you will first want to ensure that you are running the latest agent cleaner version (E.g. 7.6.1). Please raise a support ticket to receive the latest version accordingly.

If a third-party tool needs to be used to run the install silently, then one can encrypt the uninstall password. This generates a password string that can be used with additional parameters. This method avoids using plaintext passwords. Listed below are some of the available parameters:

XdrAgentCleaner.exe --encrypt <password>
XdrAgentCleaner.exe [--silent] [--password <password> | --encrypted-password <password> | --advertised] [--log <logpath>]
XdrAgentCleaner.exe -? | -h | --help

Options:
-? -h --help Show this screen.
-e --encrypt Encrypt password.
-s --silent Silent mode. No UI will be displayed while running. --password or --encrypted-password is required
if self-protection was enabled (including am-ppl).

Please coordinate with support if you require any additional troubleshooting. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi @M_Brown 

As a best practice you will first want to ensure that you are running the latest agent cleaner version (E.g. 7.6.1). Please raise a support ticket to receive the latest version accordingly.

If a third-party tool needs to be used to run the install silently, then one can encrypt the uninstall password. This generates a password string that can be used with additional parameters. This method avoids using plaintext passwords. Listed below are some of the available parameters:

XdrAgentCleaner.exe --encrypt <password>
XdrAgentCleaner.exe [--silent] [--password <password> | --encrypted-password <password> | --advertised] [--log <logpath>]
XdrAgentCleaner.exe -? | -h | --help

Options:
-? -h --help Show this screen.
-e --encrypt Encrypt password.
-s --silent Silent mode. No UI will be displayed while running. --password or --encrypted-password is required
if self-protection was enabled (including am-ppl).

Please coordinate with support if you require any additional troubleshooting. 

Thank you for this! I couldn't for the life of me get the help parameter to work. I finally found the parameters using Process Explorers String tab right before you answered. Hopefully your answer helps others :).

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!