Using IsRFC1918Address check on context in condition task

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using IsRFC1918Address check on context in condition task

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm trying to use the condition to check if incident.destinationip is an public IP. But when selecting from context incident.destinationip and then IsRFC1918Address you need to fill in something in the right side. I checked the automation script and that should return True or False. But When testing the condition it always returns not matching using else condition. 

Any idea how to use this? I already tried False or 0 or null but seems never to select the condition yes and always goes with else. 

KevinThys_1-1646323874844.png

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Can you try using ${incident.destinationip} under Get in the condition. And see if it works?

That does not change the result. 

KevinThys_0-1646325644683.png

L1 Bithead

Can you please try changing the False value to True and switching the condition to "no". And try with a private Ip as input to check if it selects the "no" branch. 

Tried but same result. 

KevinThys_0-1646336870997.png

L3 Networker

Hi @KevinThys,

I get the same issue when trying to use this script as a condition operator. Could you open a support case for the issue so we can get it fixed?

As a workaround, you can detach or duplicate the IsRFC1918Address automation and add the tag Condition to it. Then, if you choose "Choose automation" as the conditional type, you should see IsRFC1918Address in the dropdown. You can then create two branches, True and False, off the conditional task. Please let us know if that works for you.

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.24.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.24.51 PM.png

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!